Preparing dinner can be the last thing you want to do at the end of a long day. That’s why this recipe is one of my favorites to make (especially mid-week when I’m exhausted). It takes only 15 minutes and I’ve got a delicious, filling meal for the night- and usually some leftover for tomorrow too!
Here’s the recipe (4 servings):
- 2 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts- Cubed Into 1-Inch Pieces
- 2 Cups of Uncooked Brown or White Rice ( I use boil-in-bag rice)
- 4 Cups of Broccoli (I use frozen)
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Olive Oil
- Start by boiling water for the rice. Once boiling, add the rice and cook for recommended time.
- Pan-sear chicken until no longer pink and edges become golden brown.
- While chicken is cooking make the sauce: mix the soy sauce, honey, garlic and red pepper flakes together.
- Add the sauce to the chicken and let simmer for about 4 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, microwave the broccoli.
- Plate the rice, broccoli, and chicken- voila! Dinner is done!
Nutrition (1 serving):
- Calories: 440
- Carbs: 61.4 g
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Protein: 40.1 g